1. List 5 separately collected wastes that can be utilized as raw materials in industry
2. Match the following types of paper to the correct products made from them after recycling
- Paper collected from households - Newspaper
- Paper collected from offices - Toilet paper
- Collected cardboard - Shelled cartons
3. Sort the following concepts into two groups; the ones connected to composting and the ones connected to anaerobic digestio
- Tunnel -C
- Methane -AD
- Air flow -C
- Closed facility -AD
- Unhygienic end product -AD
- Waste water -AD
4. Which of the following are bio-wastes
- Soft paper
- Coffee filters
- Soil (From flower vases etc.)
5. List 5 different metals
- Noble metals (gold, silver, platinum
6. Glass is most often reused as
7. Which of the following concepts are connected to glass recycling –and reuse?
- Product stewardship
- A high degree of reuse
- A deposit-based collection system
8. Are the following statements true or false?
- Plastic reuse is not very common -T
- Plastics are not used extensively in households -F
- Plastics are manufactured from non-renewable resources -T
- Plastics cannot be recycled indefinitely -T
- Only a few different types of plastics exist -F
- PVC-plastics can be burned without a care -F
- Dangerous gases are released when plastics are burned -T
9. The abbreviation for recycled fuel is
10. The biggest problem with recycled fuels is
11. True or false?
- Electrical waste does not contain hazardous waste -F
- The amount of electrical waste is decreasing -F
- New electrical products can contain PVC-plastics -F
- Heavy metals are hazardous to health -T
- The EU has placed a goal for the recycling of electrical waste -T
- Electrical waste falls under product stewardship -T
- Electrical waste can only be treated by hand -F
1. According to the definition of hazardous waste, it …
- Can cause a danger to the environment or public heath
2. Why must hazardous waste be identified?
3. The sorting of hazardous waste for companies is
4. Which of the following are reasons for the sorting of hazardous waste?
- Simplifying the treatment of the hazardous waste
5. True or false?
- Hazardous wastes can only be diluted with pure water -F
- Hazardous wastes of the same type cannot be combined -T
- The person possessing the hazardous waste is only obligated to know the amount of hazardous waste -F
- Sorting allows hazardous waste to be treated with more efficiency -T
- Both the labelling and storing of hazardous waste are integral components of sorting –T
6. Which of the following containers is best suited for storing hazardous waste?
- An undamaged, original packaging
1. What is mixed waste?
- Community waste
- Waste that cannot be utilized
- Waste that will be landfilled
2. What is the most common way of dealing with mixed waste in Finland?
3. From where does the majority of landfilled waste in Finland originate from?
4. How much waste in landfilled annually into municipal landfills?
5. True or false?
- Ordinary waste does not decompose biologically -F
- Waste from households cannot usually be utilized -T
- Landfilled waste should be pre-treated -T
- Waste from households has to evaluated to ascertain its viability for landfilling -F